Tea with Dorothy Draper.

I have recently been reading about decorator, Dorothy Draper and i'm especially paying attention to her work at the Greenbrier hotel in West Virginia.  I remember visiting the Greenbrier when I was young and have held onto some ideas since then. What particularly stands out to me is the abundance of Kelly Green. If you go to the afternoon 4:00 high tea, you will notice, green stripes, green teacups, green carpet, wallpaper, and so on. You tend to think... How did she so tactfully pull this off? This is why I admire Dorothy's taste. She definitely followed her own style and it doesn't look as though she was afraid to use many different patterns together. I would just love to have a cup of tea with her today.  
Can you tell where inspiration for this dress came from?

0 comments: